Sunday, November 4, 2007

Ohillco Art Show

The Ohillco Art Show takes place during the Coal Festival in Wellston. It was held at the old train depot in the middle of town. The show was small, but mighty. Most of the people who submitted art were from that area, so it is great to see your neighbor's talent!! The show included paintings--oil, watercolor, and pastel-sketches-pencil and ink, photographs-both color and black and white, crafts, woodworking, and individual dioramas (cool!!) . The Best of Show went to a vibrant Picasso-ish painting--not really my style. I am more of a realist-but to each his own. My son enjoyed the pig painting--I will post a picture. I myself enjoyed the sketches and photographs. My son is a big fan of anything military--the diorama was his absolute fave! I was surprised to see the 9 year olds entries---Pictures on the blog---What do you think?

No comments: