Sunday, November 18, 2007
Disney on ice
This was an extremely interesting performance. The show that we saw was "Beauty and the Beast". The characters were dressed in amazing costumes, let along they performed the show on ice skates!! THe show contained many different sets, which were skated on the ice by people in black suits while the lights were dimed--usually when another performer such as Belle was performing a solo. The costumes, I believe, caught my eye more than anything. They even had Mrs. Potts and the grandfather clock. I hope to get my pics posted so that you can share. I was surprised at how much the lighting had to do with the mood of the show. If it was happy, the music was lively and upbeat and the lights were bright, usually yellow and pink. If something such as the wolves attacking Belle's dad, the lighting was very dim and the music was low and scary. This show really brings the story to life, it was three hours long, and my son set through all of it!! The costumes such as those of the beast were huge, I don't know how they could skate as gracefully as they did with those heavy heads!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment