Saturday, November 10, 2007

Artistic Film

Last weekend, I was privileged to see the new movie, "The Bee Movie". I understand that most of you would not consider this an "artistic film", but I am a great fan of animation. The new computer animation that has become the most recent version is amazing! The colors are so bold and intense. There are many views that are so 3-D that you almost believe that you are there. The point of view-wow. When the "pollen jocks" fly from the comb in order to collect pollen, it is as if you are right on their shoulders. You fly in and out, up and down, past people, under signs, trees, cars until you finally reach a flower in which you collect the pollen, which each piece is almost half the size of the bee. I love animation, for my whole life it has impressed me. To be able to draw enough pictures to sense the movement is a feat. The computer animation brings a whole new life to the old art.

No comments: