Sunday, November 18, 2007
High School Musical
Last year, I was privileged to attend a play put on by the juniors and seniors in our high school. They performed "High School Musical", I believe I was more impressed with it than with the original on Disney. Of course the students were more genuine. I don't think that I realized what all goes into putting on a play, especially a muscial. The stage settings were in themselves very creative. The backstage people did a wonderful job at being discreet when changing scenes. The end was really neat, because they were going back and forth between a quiz show setting and a basketball game. The acting, remembering lines, costumes, makeup, all quite a bit of work. But then there is the singing, picking out songs, music, choreagraphy--there was a lot of dancing involved in the play, and as it was performed on a stage-- it was important to remember exactly where they were. There was about 25 actors involved in the main sections of the play. All of the songs in the play were sung by the students with handset microphones. The girl that played Gabriella had an amazing voice!! She almost brought me to tears--because I knew her and I knew that she was only 16 years old. The girl that played the prissy and spoiled Shar-pei also did an outstanding job. It became hard to seperate the fact that this child is really not Sharpei!!I really enjoyed the play and I know that I will attend the one next spring.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment