Monday, October 22, 2007
Art Game
I would take postcards with several different examples of art, including sculpture, architecture, visual art, and literature. I would create a game board with different vocabulary from each area such as elements of fine arts listed in the quick list handout for paintings: line, color shape, space, texture, perspective, focal point, content, and dynamic. Sculpture: line, color shape, space, texture,and size.Architecture: Line, space, scale, rhythm, funtion, structure. Literature: language, structure, setting, characters, plot, imagery, poetry, prose, and theme. The postcard images would be of visual art, while there will be written examples of the literature vocabulary. The students will be divided into groups of 4. The cards all mixed together and drawn from a stack. Some cards will require drawing, some will require identification, and some will require the reading of a specific passage from literature. The students must identify which vocabulary word on the game board matches the drawn card. The cards that will require drawing may include a clue such as specific elements such as a curved line. If the team correctly matches the corresponding card to the word on the board their team receives a point. Music, film and theater could also be added as the students understand the game and be asked to identify certain aspects of each.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Angie - I am enjoying your blog-efolio tremendously. I am going back over previous posts and will leave more feedback for you. This is great work. -Amy
Post a Comment